The perfect accompaniment to roast chicken.
- 1 pint milk
- 60 ml cream
- 4 oz fresh breadcrumbs (white)
- 2 oz butter
- 6-8 cloves
- 2 fresh bay leaves / 1 dry
- ½ onion
- Place the onion flat side down on a board, place the bayleaf on top and stud the bayleaf to the onion using the cloves.
- Pop this into the saucepan with your milk.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes, then cover and allow to infuse for at least 20 minutes.
- Strain and retain the milk.
- Pour the milk back into the saucepan and add the breadcrumbs, season well.
- Cook over a very low heat until the bread thickens up for 5-6 minutes.
- Now mix in the cream and soft butter, stirring well until incorporated.
- Season to taste and savour! – perfect with my lemon and thyme roast chicken!