Luscious little truffles that can be adapted to suit even the sweetest tooth.
- 2 100g bars of chocolate (green and blacks)
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 40 ml fresh cream
- optional extras: hazelnuts, pecan nuts, plump raisins, brandy, instant coffee.
- Make a base of plain truffle mix first then divide it into 3 bowls, adding different flavours to each for a quite popular selection delectable treats.
- Carefully melt the chocolate and butter together, then stir in the fresh cream.
- Divide into three separate little bowls
Roast hazelnut and pecan truffles
- Chop 2 tablespoons of hazelnuts and pecan nuts roughly, toast carefully under a grill, in the oven or on a dry pan, caramelise slightly with a little brown sugar and cool.
- Stir the nuts into the melted truffle mix and place in the fridge
- When set roll quickly in your hands (wear gloves) to form marble sized little truffles, roll the truffles in some ground almonds to coat them nicely.
Brandy and raisin truffles
- Soak 2 table spoons of plump raisins in 200ml brandy overnight, they will soak up the flavours of the brandy, strain, chop roughly and add to the melted truffle mix.
- Stir the fruit into the melted truffle mix with half the remaining brandy and place in the fridge.
- When set roll quickly in your hands (wear gloves) to form marble sized little truffles, roll the truffles in some icing sugar to coat them nicely.
- Stir 2 tsp of instant coffee into the melted truffle mixture
- Place in the fridge to cool.
- When set roll quickly in your hands (wear gloves) to form marble sized little truffles, roll the truffles in some cocoa powder to coat them nicely.