British health and safety chiefs have said they will not be launching a formal investigation into an incident in which a 007 crew member sustained a minor injury when a stunt went awry during the filming of the new James Bond adventure.
The incident earlier this month at Pinewood Studios outside London occurred during the filming of a "controlled explosion", with damage also caused to the Bond set.
During the filming of a controlled explosion on the set of Bond 25 today at Pinewood Studios, damage was caused to the exterior of the 007 Stage. There were no injuries on set, however one crew member outside the stage has sustained a minor injury. pic.twitter.com/8O9tOgwMYK— James Bond (@007) June 4, 2019
Britain's Health and Safety Executive (HSE) said at the time that it would "assess" the incident.
On Tuesday, a spokesman for the regulator told the Press Association that the matter was now closed.
"After an initial assessment, we concluded there is no need for a formal investigation and we consider the matter closed," he said.
A new week. A new beginning. pic.twitter.com/hkMsjFhzVf— James Bond (@007) June 17, 2019
The 25th Bond film has faced a number of problems.
Last month, Bond actor Daniel Craig had to undergo minor ankle surgery after an injury on set. The 51-year-old star - who will play the legendary British super spy for the fifth time in the as-yet untitled film - was recently photographed in training for his return.
Captain Marvel star Lashana Lynch, Blade Runner 2049's Ana de Armas and Game Night actor Billy Magnussen are joining the cast, while Ralph Fiennes, Ben Whishaw, Rory Kinnear, Naomie Harris and Jeffrey Wright are reprising their roles.
The production has been repeatedly delayed over script disputes.
The delays were prompted in part by Oscar-winning director Danny Boyle's replacement by Cary Joji Fukunaga in September.
The film is now due to open in cinemas on April 3, 2020.