A tasty side dish from Catherine Fulvio on the Today Show.
- 1.5 kg sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 ½ cm cubes
- 60 g butter
- ¾ tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp black pepper
- 55 ml water
- 2 tblsp sugar
- 1 tblsp fresh lime juice
- 0.5 tsp finely grated fresh lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 230°C/ Gas 8. Melt the butter.
- Blend the potatoes with the butter, salt, and pepper in a bowl until well coated.
- Then on a baking tray (baking trays) and roast, uncovered until the potatoes are tender and undersides are browned. This should take 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting, bring the water, sugar, and lime juice to a boil in a very small saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved, then simmer until the syrup has reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Coat the potatoes with the syrup and zest in a large bowl and serve.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Mediterranean Monkfish with Pesto Trapanese
- Ballyknocken Daube of Wicklow Beef: Fulvio
- DIY Baked potatoes