For that lazy Sunday morning.
- 1 wholemeal bagel, halved
- 2 large eggs
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a small knob of butter
- chilli jam, to serve
- Place the bagel halves in a toaster and toast until golden brown.
- Whisk the eggs with a little salt, black pepper and the butter, then pour the mixture into a small non-stick saucepan. Place the saucepan over a low heat and allow the eggs to cook gently until they start to set. Using a wooden spoon, slowly pull the eggs towards the centre.
- Keep the mixture moving until you have really creamy scrambled eggs. Make sure not to overcook the eggs - take them off the heat while they are still slightly runny and creamy. It’s a balance to judge, but when you taste them you’ll know what I mean.
- Spoon the scrambled eggs over the toasted bagel halves and serve with chilli jam.
More by Donal Skehan:
- Sunday Brunch: Fridge Leftovers Frittata
- Donal Skehan's Fish & Chips recipe
- My Perfect Scrambled Eggs