Catherine pops by RTÉ Today in Cork and makes this excellent breakfast food or dessert sprinkle
- 2 tblsp rapeseed oil
- 3 tblsp honey
- 250 g porridge oats
- 3 tblsp sunflower seeds
- 3 tblsp sesame seeds
- 3 tblsp pumpkin seeds
- 3 tblsp pistachio, roughly chopped
- 3 tblsp desiccated coconut
- 3 tblsp raisins
- 8 dried apricot halves, diced
- 150 ml natural yoghurt, to serve
- poached plums, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180°C (Fan 160°C/Gas 4).
- To prepare the granola, mix the oil, and honey in a large bowl. Add in all the remaining ingredients, except the coconut, raisins and apricots, and mix well.
- Pour the mix onto a large baking tray and spread evenly. Bake for about 20 minutes, then mix in the coconut, apricots and raisins and bake for a further 5 minutes. Keep an eye on this mixture and stir from time to time, as it can burn around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To serve, layer granola, a few spoons of natural yoghurt and plum compote into glass bowls. Repeat this process, ending with a layer of yoghurt. Spoon over a little plum compote in the centre.
This recipe makes around 300g.
More by Catherine Fulvio:
- Mediterranean Monkfish with Pesto Trapanese
- Ballyknocken Daube of Wicklow Beef: Fulvio
- DIY Baked potatoes