Try this delicious dessert
- 250 g plain chocolate
- 3 eggs separated
- 300 ml cream
- 6 cherries (soaked in kirsch)
- chocolate ganache and fondue:
- 150 plain chocolate
- 200 ml cream
- To make the cherry surprise:
- Get 6 small mould pots or I use espresso cups, about 150ml capacity. Line them with cling film. Melt the chocolate over a pan of simmering water. While that’s cooling a little beat the egg yolks and then whisk in the melted chocolate. Whisk the cream until you get peaks and whisk it into the chocolate.
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the chocolate. Pour a small amount into each cup and then add the cherry. Pour in the remaining chocolate and transfer to the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
- For the Ganache and Fondue
- Melt the chocolate as above and slowly add cream. It will get thick at first, don’t panic, keep whisking gently and adding the cream until it reaches a consistency that coats a spoon. Remove the cherry surprise from the cups and place on a wire rack. Pour the chocolate over making sure you have something below to save the excess chocolate.
- Take the excess chocolate and re heat gently and pour into small ramekins. This will be your chocolate fondue.
- To assemble
- Group some strawberries on the plate. Place fondue bowl beside and next place the cherry surprise. You can drizzle some warm chocolate sauce over the cherry surprise to make it look even more tempting just as you serve.