A lovely little sweet treat from Dr Oetker, perfect for a children's party!
- 12 dr. oetker white baking cases
- 115 g (4oz) baking margarine, softened
- 115 g (4oz) caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 115 g (4oz) plain flour
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsp) baking powder
- 65 g (2 1/2oz) raspberry jam
- 100 g (3 1/2oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 190 g (6 1/2oz) icing sugar
- 1 tsp essence of pure rose water
- dr. oetker sugar butterflies to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C fan oven, 375°F, gas 5). Line 12 cupcake tins with white paper cake cases. In a mixing bowl, beat the margarine with the sugar until pale and creamy-light in texture.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs, then sift the flour and baking powder. Using a large metal spoon, carefully fold the dry ingredients into the mixture.
- Spoon a teaspoon of the mixture into the cake cases, and make a slight indent in the mixture. Spoon a little jam on top and then cover with the remaining cake mixture. Bake on the middle shelf in the oven for 16-18 minutes until risen, lightly golden and just firm to the touch. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- For the icing, place the butter in a bowl and beat until soft. Gradually sift and beat in the icing sugar to make a smooth, creamy icing. Add rose water to taste.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a 1cm (1/2inch) star nozzle and pipe a generous peaked swirl on top of each cake. Decorate with sugar butterflies before serving.