Try adding cranberries to this stuffing before placing in the oven; it can be served as a side dish if you prefer not to stuff your turkey.
- 250g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 150g butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tblsp chopped sage
- 1 tblsp fresh thyme
- 4 tblsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- To make the stuffing, melt the butter in a large frying pan and add the onion. Sauté the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened and translucent but not coloured.
- In the meantime, put the breadcrumbs and herbs into a large bowl, ensuring the herbs are mixed through. Season to taste.
- Pour the heated butter and onion over the breadcrumb and herb mixture and place in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- If you are using this stuffing for the turkey please ensure the stuffing is cooled down before placing in the turkey cavity.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show