Watch that gravy boat do the rounds!
- 750ml turkey/chicken stock
- Turkey giblets
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 4 tblsp plain flour
- 2 bay leaves
- 150ml red wine
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the turkey giblets, carrots and onions on a tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 45 minutes–1 hour until they are fully cooked through. Remove any excess fat, if any.
- Pour the turkey stock into a saucepan and add the bay leaves; bring to the boil.
- Remove the tray with the giblets from the oven and place on the hob.
- Sprinkle the flour onto the tray and brown on the hob.
- When the flour has browned deglaze the pan with the red wine, then pass the gravy through a sieve into another saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then slowly add the warmed turkey stock and reduce by half. Serve immediately.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops