A spooky treat from Dr Oetker
- 4 oz butter or margarine
- 4 oz caster sugar
- 2 medium size eggs
- 4 oz self-raising flour, sieved
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 2-3 drops dr. oetker natural vanilla extract
- baking cases
- dr. oetker ready to use fairy cake icing (white & yellow icing)
- dr. oetker writing icing
- dr. oetker mini mini marshmallows
- dr. oetker chocolate stars
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/Gas Mark 4. Place the baking cases into a fairy cake baking tray.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs and the Natural Vanilla Extract. If the mixture starts to curdle, add a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour and cocoa powder with a spoon.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the baking cases and bake for 10-15 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- For the icing choose a colour of Fairy Cake Icing, massage the pouch for a minute then snip the corner off and pour a small amount over each cake. Using a knife, spread the icing thickly over the fairy cakes.
- Decorate the cakes using the Writing Icing and sprinkles to make scary faces. Make them as scary as you dare.