Get back to basics with this ham and cheese quiche.
- 8 oz flour
- 4 oz butter
- 6/7 tea spoons of cold water
- 2 tea spoons of salt
- 4 oz chopped ham
- 2 oz grated cheese
- 3 eggs beaten
- 150 ml milk
- 150 ml cream
- Sieve flour and salt into bowl.
- Add butter and rub into flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle water over crumbs.
- Mix to a soft paste then refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Lightly grease 8 inch flan tin.
- Line flan tin with pastry blind.
- Bake for 10 -15 mins at 175°C.
- For the Filling:
- Mix egg, milk and cream together.
- Put chopped ham and cheese in to quiche base.
- Pour egg mix on top.
- Bake at 180°C for 35 minutes.