A nice change from your usual soups.
- 2 tblsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 200 g sweet variety of peas (eg pisum sativum)
- 2 oz chopped fresh mint
- 900 ml kitchen garden stock or water
- 150 ml cream
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan. Add the onion, cook slowly for 4-5 minutes without colouring, stirring occasionally. Add the peas.
- Pour the stock or water into the pan and allow simmer for 10-15 minutes until the peas are completely tender but still retaining their colour and all of the flavours have had time to infuse. Add the mint.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor or liquidiser or use a hand blender and whiz until blended.
- To serve, stir the cream into the soup and allow warm through. Season to taste and then ladle into warmed bowls. Top with fresh mint and crème fraiche.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon