The list of essential workers and those who will be free to travel for work purposes following the new Covid-19 restrictions will be published in full by the Government tomorrow.
However, RTÉ News understands that the broad categories include those who work in the following areas:
- Healthcare and Public Health
- Social care
- Public and Civil Service personnel
- Utilities such as Irish Water and ESB
- The production and delivery of necessary goods such as food and medicine
- Financial services
- Communications including the media, An Post and telecommunications.
The full list of essential services will be published tomorrow.
However, if you consider your business or service to be an essential service, then the official advice is that you should open tomorrow, pending the publication of a full, detailed list.
Latest Covid-19 headlines