This bread has become my go to lunch /brunch stuffed with my favourite toppings like eggs, avocado and hummus - the list is endless!
- 360g spelt flour
- 200g sweet potato
- ¾ tbsp. baking powder
- 6 tbsp. virgin olive oil
- 200g Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Start by peeling and grating the sweet potato, place in a large mixing bowl along with the spelt flour, baking powder and stir.
- Pour in the rest of the ingredients and combine well using a spoon until a dough texture is reached.
- Tear off 6 sections and roll into balls.
- Prepare a clean surface for rolling, sprinkle a little spelt flour to prep before placing down a ball and rolling out using a rolling pin.
- You have two options if you want a thicker flatbread roll to about 1.5 cm thick or for a crispier bread, roll a little thinner to about .5cm.
- Place on a non stick baking tray or a lined baking tray and baked for 25 minutes (thicker bread) or 15 minutes for the thinner option.
- For both options -turn over the bread for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Once cooked, the outside should be hard to tap, raised a little and edges nice and crispy.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.