The absolute ultimate breakfast treat. The crisp outer layer of the parma matched with the soft texture of the avocado is deeply satisfying. If I could forever live on one egg recipe, this would be it.
- 2 eggs
- 6 slices parma ham
- 2 ripe avocados
- Preheat the grill on medium-high setting.
- Start by boiling the eggs.
- Once boiled, place the eggs into cold water immediately, give the eggs a gentle tap to break the shell and let sit in the cold water for a moment or two before gently peeling off the shell.
- Now prep the avocado - cut in half and remove the stone.Depending on egg size you will have to scoop out an oval segment from the centre of both sides of the avocado, lastly using a spoon gently lift away from the skin.
- Place the egg in between the two halves of avocado and cup together with your hand but not too much that the egg bursts.
- Taking one slice of parma at a time, securly wrap the avocado until covered.
- Place under the grill for 10 minutes turning after the first 6 minutes.