A perfect recipe for homemade and quick pan pizza from Chef Adrian Martin, as part of the RTÉ Player Food Bites series. Ideal for the weekend!
- 1 and a half cups self-rising flour
- half cup of water
- seasalt pinch
- half a jar of passata
- 1tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1tbsp of honey
- fresh basil
- Parma ham/Serrano ham
- In a bowl mix with a fork, 1 ½ cups of self-rising flour, half cup of water and seasalt. Knead it then on the surface until smooth with your hands for 2-3 mins.
- Roll them out into pizza bases with some flour and rolling pin.
- Place the base onto the frying pan onto the hob low heat to warm the base for 30 seconds to 1 minutes.
- For the Tomato sauce – mix the passata, vinegar, honey and chop some basil into it.
- Spread the tomato sauce over the pizza base.
- Now place on the mozzarella and Parma ham.
- Bake in the oven/grill for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve sliced on a board (with baby basil leaves over top to garnish).