- 4 fresh lobsters
- 8 dsp rapeseed oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 8 kaffir lime leaves, julienne
- 100 g chopped garlic
- 100 g chopped onion
- 100 g chopped red and green peppers
- 4 chopped big red chillis
- 4 dsp fish sauce
- 2 dsp sugar
- 2 dsp rice vinegar
- 4 dsp rapeseed oil
- 100 ml chicken stock or water
- 1 dsp corn starch with 2 dsp of water
- To prepare the sauce, bring the wok to a medium to high heat and add the oil, garlic and onion.
- Stir until they get a nice aroma, then add the peppers and chilli.
- Season the vegetables with fish sauce, sugar, vinegar and add water or chicken stock.
- Add corn starch to thicken the sauce and keep to one side.
- To prepare lobster, cut in half and take the meat out of the shell.
- Dice the meat into big pieces and keep to one side.
- Steam the lobster shell for five minutes and keep to one side.
- Bring another wok to high heat, add oil and garlic and stir until they get a nice aroma.
- Add lobster meat and stir for one minute, then add the sauce. Stir for another two minutes until the lobster is cooked.
- To serve, place the cooked mixture into the lobster and garnish with kaffir lime leaves.
This recipe is courtesy of Saba.