These choux bites make a deliciously indulgent dessert, and are perfect for impressing dinner-party guests!
- 50 g lightly salted butter
- 65 g plain flour
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 140 g pouch Rich Chocolate or Salted Caramel
- 75 g Extra Dark Chocolate
- 15 g White Chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan oven, gas mark 6). Line a large baking tray with baking parchment. Put the butter in a saucepan with 150ml (1/4 pt) water.
- Heat gently until melted, then bring to the boil. Turn off the heat and immediately mix in the flour, beating well until thick, glossy and smooth; the mixture should form a soft ball of dough in the saucepan. Transfer to a heatproof bowl and cool for 10 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the eggs to make a thick, sticky mixture. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm (1/2 inch) wide plain nozzle and pipe approximately 16x. Make 3cm (1 ¼ inch) diameter mounds on the baking tray. Bake for about 20 minutes until puffed up, golden and crisp.
- As soon as the choux bites are cool enough to handle, inject each one through the side generously with the Surprise Inside Cupcake Centre of your choice. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To decorate, break the Dr. Oetker Extra Dark Chocolate into one heatproof bowl and put the White Chocolate in another small heatproof bowl. Stand both bowls over saucepans of barely simmering water until melted.
- Dip the top of each bite in the Extra Dark Chocolate and sit them back on the wire rack. Before the chocolate sets, carefully drop a little white chocolate in the centre of each. Using a cocktail stick, drag through the chocolate drop to make a feathered star design. Leave aside in a cool place to set. Your choux bites are now ready to serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Dr. Oetker