Perfect as a light snack or a decadent side dish.
- 20 asparagus
- 80 ml light mayonnaise
- 1 l water
- 20 oyster mushrooms
- 2 dsp rapeseeds oil
- 100 g iceberg lettuce sliced finely
- 1 dsp sugar
- 1 tsp roasted white sesame seeds
- Ingredients for sauce:
- 20 ml fresh milk
- 2 dsp english mustard
- 2 dsp sugar syrup
- 1 dsp rice vinegar
- 4 dsp thai light soy sauce
- 2 dsp dark soy sauce
- 2 dsp water
- 50 g ginger
- 4 dsp sugar
- To make mustard mayonnaise you add mayonnaise, milk, sugar syrup, mustard and rice vinegar into a bowl and mix well until all combined then keep to one side.
- Make a ginger soy sauce by adding Thai light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, water, sugar and ginger in a sauce pan. Slowly cook and bring to a simmer until the sauce is thick, then the sauce through the sieve and keep to one side.
- Bring a saucepan to a high heat and add water and sugar and bring it to boil, add asparagus cook on a medium heat for about 11 to 12 minutes.
- Once the asparagus in ready place it straight into ice water to keep it crunchy and green.
- Bring your grill pan to a medium to high heat and add a dash of oil.
- Grill the asparagus and oyster mushrooms on both sides until they are cooked, this should take 2 minutes on both sides. Place them on finely sliced iceberg lettuce and dress with mustard mayonnaise and ginger soy sauce.
- Garnish sprinkle with roasted white sesame seeds.
This recipe is couresy of Saba,