Serve with whipped cream and a little brown sugar!
- For the Pastry:
- 170g/6oz plain flour
- 30g/1oz icing sugar
- 115g/4oz butter
- 1 egg yolk
- Tiny bit of cold water to bind
- For the Filling:
- 250g blackberries
- ½ pint double cream
- 170g/6oz sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- A little chopped fresh mint
- 8-inch tart tin
- Turn the oven to 180c.
- If you have a food processor, use it. If not, a bowl and your fingers!
- Crumble the flour and butter together.
- Add the beaten egg yolk and finally bind with a little water.
- Roll out straight away, and line the tin. Rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Bake blind for 15 minutes at 180c.
- If the berries are quite big slice down the stem and put them half-cooked in the pastry case.
- Mix the cream, sugar and the eggs together, add the chopped mint, combine and pour over the berries.
- Bake in a moderate oven (about 180c) for about 20 minutes. The cream should be set but not browned on the top.
- Serve with whipped cream and a little brown sugar!