Lady Eve Shoulder of Pork with hearty vegetables in a rich tomato sauce and crème fraiche.
- 1.5 lb shoulder of pork off the bone and chopped into pieces (your butcher should do this for you)
- 1 onions finely chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic
- 1 parsnips
- 1 carrots
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2-dstp-tomato puree
- 2 whole sprigs fresh rosemary
- 175 ml crème fraiche (or half fat)
- teasp sea salt
- a heaped teasp coarsely ground black pepper
- olive oil.
- Heat the olive oil , add the onions and fry for 10 minutes until soft and sweet. Add the crushed garlic and cook for a further minute or two. In the mean time prepare the veg; cut the carrots and parsnips into the shape of thick chips – just under 2 cm in width, similar length to a chunky chip, add to the onions. Season the meat with a little salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and puree to the onions, bring to a simmer and then add the meat, rosemary springs and crème fraiche. Season. Bring back to a gentle simmer and put in the oven at 180c for about 1.5 hours. Taste and adjust seasoning.