Make sure all ingredients are room temperature.
- 8oz butter
- 4 tblsp sugar
- 2 tblsp pure vanilla
- 2 cup walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts toasted
- 2 cup flour
- Beat butter unit soft.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Mix in nuts and flour until combined.
- Roll into desired size ball.
- Bake in moderate oven (150 c) for 30 minutes until golden.
- Roll in icing sugar while still warm.
- Top Tip: Make sure all ingredients are room temperature. You can use the nuts un-toasted if you are short on time - you will get more flavour from toasting.