Ah summer! Some good party food to enjoy it with.
- For the Ice Cream:
- 1 x 400g (14oz) tin of coconut milk
- 1 x 400g (14oz) tin of condensed milk
- Juice and finely grated zest of 3 limes
- For the Mango in Mint Syrup:
- 50g (2oz) caster or granulated sugar
- 20 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 large ripe mango, sliced
- Ice Cream: Mix together all the ingredients well, then pour into a container and place in the freezer for 3–4 hours until frozen.
- Serve with the mango in lime and mint syrup (see following recipe).
- Mango in Mint Syrup: In a small pot over a medium heat, dissolve the sugar in 50ml (2fl oz) water. Put the chopped mint in a bowl with the juice of the lime and pour over the hot syrup.
- When the syrup has cooled, put in the sliced mango and allow the flavours to combine for an hour or two.