A traditional take on a Texan classic, bound to keep you full during the great BBQ weather.
- 2 lb porterhouse steak
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tblsp chili powder
- 3 tblsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine garlic, chili powder, salt, oil and pepper in a small bowl. Mix until it forms a thick paste.
- Rub paste over the entire surface of the steak. Wrap steak in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours.
- Preheat grill. Grill steak over as high a heat as you can for 2 minutes.
- Flip and continue grilling for 2 more minutes. Move to a cooler part of the grill or reduce heat to medium. Continue grilling until done. About 4 minutes per side.
- Continue grilling until done. About 4 minutes per side.
Recipe courtesy of Bison Bar & BBQ.