Enjoy with large dollops of freshly whipped cream.
- 250 g (9oz) icing sugar, sifted
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 tsp cornflour, sifted
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 100 g (3½ oz) good-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 100 g (3½ oz) pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- whipped cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F/ Gas 2) and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Draw three 12cm (4¾ in) circles on each piece of parchment. Then turn the parchment over so your meringues don't end up with pencil marks on them.
- In a stand-alone mixer or using a hand-held electric mixer, whisk the icing sugar and egg whites together on high for 10 minutes until glossy white peaks form. Using a spatula, fold in the cornflour and vinegar, then gently fold in the chocolate and pistachios.
- Divide the meringue mixture between the circles pencilled on the parchment and, using a tablespoon, swirl the mixture to form six equal-sized meringue discs. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Enjoy with large dollops of freshly whipped cream.