The Amber Team dessert from MasterChef Ireland 2012
- 300 g flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 300 g butter
- 300 g sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup chopped + deseeded cherries
- 10 stalks rhubarb
- 2 tblsp water
- 6 egg whites
- 40 g sugar
- 1 l double cream
- Pre-heat Oven to 180°
- Mix sugar and butter together. Add eggs gradually and vanilla
- Fold in flour and baking powder
- Then add ½ cherry mix. Put into baking tray and sprinkle remaining cherries on top
- Put into oven for approx. 30 mins
- Meanwhile chop rhubarb.
- Add to saucepan with sugar and water.
- Simmer until soft.
- When done allow to cool. Remove and sieve through fine sieve keeping juice and pulp
- Whisk egg whites until stiff, add sugar
- Whisk for 1 min. whisk double cream and fold in rhubarb
- Add egg whites and fold into mix gently.