A tasty apple and cranberry dessert perfect to cap off any meal.
- 800 g apples
- 80 g cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 knob of butter
- '4-spice' mix
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g chilled butter
- 80 g demerara sugar or 'cassonade'
- 80 g ground almonds
- Wash and peel the apples, then cut them into a small dice, throwing away the core.
- Melt the butter in a pot and add the apples and the cranberries followed by the '4 spices' and a little water.
- Mix well, then allow to simmer for around ten minutes.
- In a salad bowl mix the flour, the sugar and the ground almonds. Slowly add the chilled butter in small cubes quickly incorporating it using the fingers. The mixture should take on a sandy texture.
- Heat your oven to 210°C. Put the cranberry and apple mixture in a gratin dish and using a tablespoon, place the crumble mixture on top of this without piling it up.
- Smooth it out with the back of the spoon and place in the oven for around 20 mins or until the crumble is nicely browned.