An old-school way of preparing a cold soup, perfect for a hot summer day.
- 180 g bread (preferably stale)
- 250 g raw skinned almonds
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 l ice-cold water
- 500 g grapes (muscatel, seeded and cut in half)
- 1 tblsp sherry vinegar
- olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Rub or chop the bread into breadcrumbs - a nice touch is then to toast these before proceeding with the recipe.
- Place the toasted breadcrumbs, garlic, almonds and salt together in a blender and pulse these until a paste begins to form adding in the olive oil, a little at a time. Then add the vinegar and transfer to a bowl.
- Add in the litre of water and the grapes; toss in some crushed ice if desired.
- Leave it in the bowl in the fridge for about 30 minutes before serving.