All the ingredients, including the liquids are measured in grams. So just place a jug or bowl on your measuring scales and measure as normal. You will also need a sugar thermometer to tell when the fudge is ready. These are available online and in most good kitchen departments.
- 225 g butter
- 450 g milk
- 6 cardmom pods
- 225 g cream
- 710 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or other flavour of your choice
- Heat up the milk and cardamom pods in a small pot until the milk just begins to shiver. Turn off the heat and allow to infuse for an hour, remove the pods and any milk skin.
- Place all the ingredients in a large pot. This is important as the hot liquid bubbles up.
- On a medium heat, melt all the ingredients together, while stirring continuously.
- Bring up to a vigorous bubble, keeping and eye on the temperature using a sugar thermometer, stirring all the time.
- Once it reads 115°C, pour the fudge into a large mixer and beat for 5 minutes.
- Then pour out onto a lined baking tray and allow to set for 12 hours.
Makes 1 tray