Courtesy of Marty Morrissey and his time on The Restaurant, this Celeriac soup recipe will set your meal off to a delicious start.
- 1 head of celeriac
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- sprig of thyme
- 4 rooster potato
- 1.5 l vegetable stock
- 100 ml double cream
- 200 g crème fraiche
- 1 tsp curry powder
- juice of one lime
- olive oil
- Peel and dice the onion and garlic, and sweat in a pan to soften.
- Peel and roughly chop the celeriac, and add to the pan along with a sprig of thyme.
- Meanwhile peel the potatoes, chop into cubes and add to the pot, cover everything with the vegetable stock and simmer for one hour.
- When the vegetables are tender, remove the thyme and blend the soup (for a smoother soup, pass through a sieve after blending)
- Pour the soup back in a pot and bring to the boil, add the cream and season to taste.
- Next stir the curry powder and the limejuice and into the crème fraiche and season to taste.
- Pour the soup into a hot bowl and swirl the crème fraiche on top.