Fancy a tasty salad that's easy to follow? Of course you do! Then try this delicious starter from our very own Marty Morrissey, from his time on The Restaurant.
- 0.5 duck
- 1 head of chicory
- 2 baby gem hearts
- 2 small pears (peeled and cored)
- 25 g walnuts (roughly chopped)
For the Vinaigrette:
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tblsp honey
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 orange (zest only)
- salt and pepper
- Score the duck skin and season duck well all over including in the cavity, roast at 180ºC until cooked through.
- Allow to cool and rest then when the duck has cooled strip the meat from the breast and legs and cut into slices.
- Break up the chicory leaves and the baby gem.
- Wash and dry them and set aside. To make the vinaigrette, mix the vinegar, honey, mustard and orange zest in a bowl and then add the olive oil stirring continuously, then season to taste.
- Place the chicory and baby gem leaves in a bowl, slice the pear and add to the leaves along with the walnuts.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette and mix gently.
- To serve, divide the salad between the serving dishes and sprinkle with the duck meat, serve immediately.