This delicious dessert combines pastry with a lemon cream filling.
- 200 g readymade shortcrust pastry
- 8 free-range eggs
- 320 g caster sugar
- 4 large lemons, juice and rind
- 290 ml double cream
- tub vanilla ice cream
- for the raspberry sauce:
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries, 50g caster sugar
- icing sugar, for dusting
- single cream
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F/Gas 5).
- Roll out the pastry and use to line a large quiche dish (25cm/10in diameter). Line with tin foil and fill with dried beans or rice to hold the base in place.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and baking beans and bake for a further 5 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 150°C (300°F/Gas 2).
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs and the sugar (do not whisk). Add the lemon juice and rind and stir. Finally add the cream and stir thoroughly but again, do not whisk.
- Transfer the cream mixture into the pastry case and cook in the centre of the oven for about 35 minutes until set (the mixture should set gently like a blancmange and be firm to the touch).
- For the raspberry sauce add the fresh raspberries together with sugar and purée. Bring to the boil in a saucepan and leave to cool.
- Allow to cool completely, dust with icing sugar and serve with pouring cream, Ice Cream and raspberry sauce. You can use some of the fresh raspberries to decorate.