A great way to use your leftovers.
- 440 g (plus 2 tablespoons warm water, 110°f)
- 2 tblsp (plus 1 tsp) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1320 g cups strong flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons semolina flour
- 3 tsp instant active dry yeast
- 400 g leftover pork
- 8 cloves garlic (unpeeled)
- 200 g tomato sauce
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 2 pc. pizza dough
- pinch chilli flakes
- 2 red onions (sliced very thinly)
- 2 medium vine ripened tomatoes (sliced 1/4" thick)
- each cherry tomatoes
- 1 buffalo mozzarella (about 200g, cubed 1/2")
- 2 tblsp parmesan cheese (grated very finely)
- 2 tblsp pine nuts
- 2 tblsp chopped basil
To make the Pizza Dough:
- Prepare your favourite toppings. This can be done from the day before.
- Add all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl, with a dough hook and mix slowly or the same goes for a bread machine.
- When the bread has been mixed, remove the dough from the bowl to a lightly oiled surface.
- Knead the dough several times and form the dough into an oval; cover with a damp towel and let rest for 10 minutes.
NOTE: Dough may be refrigerated at this point and stored until ready to use. To store each batch of dough, spray a plastic bag with nonstick butter spray and place the dough in it.
Storage: Store no longer than 7 to 10 days, or if frozen for up to 2 months. If refrigerated or frozen prior to use, allow the portions to come to room temperature before they are rolled out.
To make the Pizza:
- Preheat the oven to 500°F. and place a baking stone or tile into heat.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat and add the olive oil and the unpeeled garlic cloves.
- Sauté, stirring regularly, until the garlic skin begins to caramelize.
- Transfer to the oven and roast until the cloves become uniformly golden brown. Remove and cool. When cool, remove the roasted garlic from the skins and place into a small bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon to make a paste.
- Roll the dough's into roughly 10" rounds using a pie pin or by pounding and stretching the dough.(see the pizza dough recipe above)
- Sprinkle a light cutting board or pizza peel with semolina and lay the dough's down on it.
- Spread the tomato Sauce, garlic paste over the doughs then sprinkle the chili flakes evenly.
- Spread the cheese over the dough, leaving a half inch rim without cheese.
- Next, distribute the sliced tomatoes followed by the onion rings. Then your chopped left over pork.
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes evenly over the cheese and onions and sprinkle the fresh mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for ten minutes or until the edge of the crust becomes golden brown and the cheese bubbles in the center.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board.
- Sprinkle the chopped basil over and cut into six or eight pieces. Serve immediately.