Keep out the chills with a bowl of this tasty soup.
- 1 tablepsoon groundnut oil
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 2 medium carrots (finely diced)
- 1 large onion (finely diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 0.5 celeriac (finely diced)
- 2 sticks celery (finely sliced, reserving and chopping the leaves)
- 2 rooster potatoes (peeled and finely diced)
- 0.5 leek (finely diced)
- 1.2 l home-made ham stock (or organic chicken stock cube)
- 1 medium courgette (finely diced)
- 2 tblsp roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 75 g chorizo (very finely sliced)
- freshly grated parmesan
- crusty bread
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil and butter in a large sauté pan over a medium heat and sweat the carrots for 2 minutes. Add the onion and garlic and sweat for a further 1 minute.
- Next, add the celeriac and sweat for 2 minutes, then the celery for 1 minute, and finally the potato and leek for a further 3 minutes.
- Pour the stock in to just cover the vegetables and bring slowly to the boil. Stir the courgette through and return to the boil. Season to taste.
- Remove from the heat and stir the parsley, celery leaves and chorizo slices into the soup.
- Serve the warm soup with freshly shaved parmesan and crusty bread.