A delightful way to prepare strawberries.
- 500 g strawberries (washed and hulled)
- 50 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 1 vanilla pod (split and de-seeded)
- 250 ml light red wine
- 2 - 3 sage leaves
- 100 g fresh cream (whipped)
- 75 g natural yoghurt
- Melt butter and half the sugar in a pan with the split vanilla pod and seeds.
- Once melted add the strawberries taste and if still tart add some more sugar.
- Pour the red wine into the pan with the strawberries, bring to a rapid boil and cook for two minutes.
- Mix the whipped cream and yoghurt together.
- Put strawberries onto a plate with some of the cooking liquor.
- Add a dollop of the creamy yoghurt on the side.