Good quality potatoes plus this recipe and you'll have tasty roasties
- 7-8 large potatoes (skinned and halved)
- 1-cup duck or goose fat
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 10 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring to a boil and large pot of salted water.
- Add the potatoes and cook on high boil for 8 minutes.
- Strain and toss a few times in the strainer to get the outside off the potatoes flaky.
- In a hot large roasting tray add the fat, herbs and garlic and potatoes.
- Toss to coat evenly and roast in the oven at 200°C for 25 minutes turning occasionally.