Dustin the Turkey isn't impressed by the line dancing craze sweeping the St Patrick's Day parades.
- Title Line Dancing in St Patrick's Day Parades
- 1st Broadcast 17/03/1995
- ContributorSean Whelan (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:01:56
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Stamp Out Line Dancing in the Parades
- Extended description
Sean Whelan reports on the line dancing craze sweeping the nation. Line dancers appeared in many parades in 1995. Whelan asks a shopkeeper why. People "like to get dressed up and they like to get into all the gear," he is told.
Another expert on the subject, Dustin the Turkey, says that St Patrick would be turning in his grave. He appeals to viewers to support the campaign SOLD: Stamp Out Line Dancing.
A RTÉ News report on line dancing by Sean Whelan.
- Local keywords St Patrick's Day, Parades, Line dancing, Country music, Dustin the Turkey, Sean Whelan, RTÉ News
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Topic National Holidays, Festivals, Anniversaries, Annual Events
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ One
- Production year 1995
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier BN95/076
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
Stamp Out Line Dancing in the Parades
Broadcast - 17/03/1995
Clip Length - 00:01:56
New York Trad Session in Paddy Reilly's Bar
Broadcast - 17/03/1988
Clip Length - 00:03:06
Protests Against Statue of St Patrick in a Mini Goatskin
Broadcast - 19/02/1997
Clip Length - 00:05:17
Emigrant Hurling Match in Waterloo
Broadcast - 17/04/1979
Clip Length - 00:02:08
Broadcast - 17/03/1977
Clip Length - 00:01:51
St. Patrick's Purgatory
Broadcast - 23/07/1986
Clip Length - 00:02:42