An Irish man facing almost 400 sex offence charges is to be extradited from the United States.
The man appeared in court in Albany, New York last Friday.
He is accused of sexually abusing two minors in Ireland between 2004 and 2009.
According to court documents, he came in contact with his alleged victims through his involvement with the GAA in the Midlands.
The man is facing a total of 394 charges, including 177 counts of rape and 210 counts of sexual assault.
He left Ireland in 2013 and was arrested in a suburb of Albany, New York last month.
At his extradition hearing last week, the man's sister addressed the court and asked the judge to release her brother from custody because she said he was suffering from health problems.
The man's lawyer argued that his client had not fled Ireland, but rather moved to the US and lived openly using his real name.
He also claimed the Government had failed to prove probable cause in the case and therefore the man should not be extradited.
In his ruling today, Judge Daniel Stewart said the evidence presented to the court was sufficient to sustain the charges against the man.
He denied the defendant's request for bail and ordered that he be committed to a detention facility designated by the United States Marshals Service.
He will remain there until he is surrendered to the authorities in Ireland.