Secondary school teacher Enoch Burke has been warned his appeal against High Court orders including an injunction to stay away from the school where he worked may not be entertained by the Court of Appeal because he is still in contempt of court.

The appeal court sat briefly this afternoon where the President of the court, Mr Justice George Birmingham, told Mr Burke that it should not be assumed an appeal would be entertained by the court from someone who was still in contempt.

Mr Justice Birmingham said a situation where the person appealing had not obeyed court orders and said they would not be obeying them and yet was seeking orders the other side had to obey would be a very imbalanced situation indeed and one which the court could not countenance.

He said the court usually reserved its decisions and the parties should not assume it could countenance a situation where someone was in contempt of court up to the hearing of appeal, by showing up to the school, and that this would continue while judgment was pending.

The judge said he did not need to hear a response from the parties but wanted to raise it now so Mr Burke would have a chance to deal with the issue on Thursday when the appeal is due to be heard.

He also warned both sides that the matter would have to be dealt with within a day or there could be a significant delay in the court being able to take up the case again.

When the judge had finished his comments, the three appeal court judges rose immediately and the hearing came to an end.

Earlier, Mr Burke was physically removed from the High Court by gardaí for a second time after trying to raise a matter with the judge there.

Mr Burke was removed on Friday from the same courtroom for disrupting the court's business by raising a related issue.

This morning, Mr Justice Brian O'Moore told Mr Burke he could not simply hijack the court's list and that he had not filed the appropriate documentation to make an application to the court.

Mr Burke was then pulled out of court by three gardaí by the arms as he continued to protest.

His mother told the judge that God knew his wickedness.

Mr Burke, who was accompanied this morning by his sister Ammi, as well as his mother and father, had told the judge he was seeking clarification in relation to directions issued last week about inaccuracies in sworn documents relied on by Wilson's Hospital school in earlier hearings.

He continued to speak over the judge, accusing the court of trying to delay matters so that his appeal over the injunctions granted against him would have to be adjourned.

Mr Justice O’Moore asked gardaí to remove Mr Burke as he continued to protest. He was dragged from the court by his arms by members of An Garda Síochána, while continuing to grab on to the bench in front of him, and protesting against his removal.

His mother, Martina, told the gardaí they had no right to remove her son from court.

His sister told the judge Mr Burke was being treated differently from the school. She claimed the school had been allowed to make an application without the necessary documentation. The judge said the school had never shown the level of disrespect Mr Burke had shown to the court.

He told Ms Burke if she did not listen to him, she would also be removed. But their mother said they would leave. As she left Court 3, she told Mr Justice O'Moore he was "absolutely corrupt" and that God knew about his wickedness.

The judge apologised to a barrister who was attempting to make applications when Mr Burke began speaking.

He told them it was "intolerable" that people were subject to that and he apologised that the barrister had to go through that "regrettable experience".

Just over two weeks ago, lawyers for the school told the court that there were "factual inaccuracies" in affidavits sworn by the chairman of the school's Board of Management as part of the injunction proceedings against Mr Burke.

The inaccuracies related to the original meeting in the school where a student made a request to be called by a different name and for "they" pronouns to be used.

Lawyers for the school said the then principal had not been present for the substantive portion of this meeting as originally stated and only one of the student’s parents had been present.

The judge’s registrar wrote to the parties directing that the school should file a full corrective affidavit.

Mr Burke has said the school subsequently filed four extra affidavits.

On Friday evening, Mr Justice O'Moore directed that as the documents containing the inaccuracies had not been part of any of the matters that came before him, the errors should instead be brought to the attention of the judges who had dealt with earlier hearings.

He said the school and Mr Burke were free to do this.

Mr Burke’s appeal later this week is against the orders granted by the High Court last year, including the injunction granted in September directing him not to trespass at the school.

Mr Justice O'Moore imposed a daily fine of €700 just over two weeks ago to continue as long as Mr Burke continues to defy the injunction.

That fine now stands at almost €13,000.