The Department of Health has announced that a further four people who had been diagnosed with Covid-19 here have died.
It brings the overall number of deaths here to 1,608.
The department has also announced an additional 57 confirmed cases of the virus, bringing the overall number infected here to 24,639.
The latest data from the Department of Health shows that of the 24,569 cases confirmed by midnight last Friday, over 13% of cases (3,222) required hospitalisation.
Of these, 394 cases were admitted to intensive care.
Over 7,819 confirmed cases are healthcare workers, accounting for almost 32% of the overall total.
The median age of confirmed cases is 48, with a split of 57% female, and 43% male.
We need your consent to load this rte-player contentWe use rte-player to manage extra content that can set cookies on your device and collect data about your activity. Please review their details and accept them to load the content.Manage Preferences
Dublin has the highest number of cases at 11,873 (48% of all cases) followed by Cork with 1,428 cases (6%) and then Kildare with 1,392 cases (6%).
Of those for whom transmission status is known, the department says that community transmission accounts for 59%, close contact accounts for 38%, travel abroad accounts for 3% of cases.
Forms for those entering State to be mandatory as regulations signed
Department says 459 people with Covid-19 in hospital
Capacity would significantly increase if 2m rule halved - Reid
What does Covid-19 mean for people working in the gig economy?
The figures come as Minister for Health Simon Harris has signed the regulations making it mandatory for all passengers coming into Ireland to fill out a passenger locator form.
From next Thursday it will be an offence for passengers not to fill in the form, giving details of where they intend to stay for the following 14 days.
Passengers coming into the country are being asked to self-isolate for 14 days.
HSE Chief Executive Paul Reid said earlier today that one-metre social distancing would give the health service greater capacity, but it will be guided by the National Public Health Emergency Team's advice.
Mr Reid said NPHET guidance is for two-metre social distancing and that is what the HSE is planning in terms of framework for new services to work through.
He said this does have implications in terms of capacity in emergency departments, outpatient clinics and waiting rooms for example.
The HSE has also said a framework will be finalised in the coming weeks to see how to safely resume non-Covid healthcare services in the current environment.
Mr Reid said there are more than 900 vacant beds in hospitals, down from 2,500, which shows an increase in non-Covid activity.
There are 51 people in ICU being treated for Covid-19, which is down 68% from the peak in early April.
He said the speed of testing has increased with 98% of tests returning with a negative result and results are returning in less than two days.
310,000 tests have been completed and 35,000 swab tests were completed.