We're back again this week with more book recommendations as part of our Reignite series.
You can check out the suggestions for Reignite 1 here as part of our exploration of the questions: Why Me, Why This, Why Now?
In Reignite 2, we'll be exploring the question: How do I turn my idea into reality? The books…
1. SPRINT, How to Solve Big Problems and Test New Ideas in Just Five Weeks by Jake Knapp: If you’re thinking about creating a product, this book provides a hands-on framework for testing ideas and creating experiments, while saving time and money. While the book has real-world teams of seven or fewer in mind, the principles will still be helpful to people just starting out with an idea on their own.
2. THE EMYTH, How to Turn a Great Idea into a Thriving Business by Michael E Gerber: A go-to text for many people starting out on their new journey which lists the five essential skills for bringing an idea to life and some obvious ( but memorable ) quotes like: "A company is a product of an entrepreneur’s imagination. It is a visual product, an emotional product, a functional product and a financial product."
3. THE 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE by Stephen R Covey: First published in 1989, I still find myself returning to Habit 2: Begin With The End in Mind. It will help you write a personal mission statement, a time management matrix and more.
4. FLOW, The psychology of Optimal Experience, by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi: Warning, this book is not for everyone! But for those of you seeking increased productivity, this is an inspiring read on ordering the information that enters our consciousness.
5. YOU’VE GOT THIS, The Life-Changing Power of Trust Yourself, by Margie Warrell: This is a theme we will spend a lot of time on in the coming weeks but to get a head-start, this book is great at getting to grips with the types of fears that holds us back and is a great pep talk for sometimes starting something before you feel ready!