Lilly Higgins' burnt basque cheesecake with rhubarb & orange blossom cream: Today
Updated / Wednesday, 1 Jun 2022 18:56
- 500g cold cream cheese
- 500ml cream
- 200g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 30g flour
- 1 bunch rhubarb
- 2 tbsp marmalade
- 250ml cream, softly whipped
- 1/2 tsp orange blossom water
- Mix cream cheese, cream, sugar, egg and vanilla till smooth. Sift in the flour and mix till combined. pour into a lined 22cm springform tin.
- Bake at 230C till burnt on top and still had a slight wobble when you move it, usually about 40- 45 mins.
- Leave to cool then place in the fridge overnight.
- The cheesecake puffs up in the oven then deflates loads as it cools so don't worry! It's supposed to happen.
- While the cheesecake bakes chop the rhubarb and place in a pot with the marmalade, cover and simmer till soft.
- Fold the orange blossom water through the softly whipped cream.
- Serve each slice of cheesecake with a dollop of cream and some of the rhubarb