- 1 large onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 knob of ginger
- 3 tsp cumin powder
- 3 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 litre chopped can tomatoes (2 cans)
- 4 chicken breasts diced
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 6 tablespoons of cashew nut paste *
- One lemon wedge
- 1/2 block of butter
- 1 bunch chopped coriander
- Purée onion, garlic and ginger
- Heat pan large enough to hold all ingredients
- Add 1 ounce of oil into hot pan and brown off onion garlic ginger purée
- Add all herbs and spices and cook for an additional minute
- Add remainder of the ingredients until remainder of a ingredients come to a boil and all the flavours have blended. Hold chicken.
- Add chicken until cooked tender (approximately 15mins)
- Before serving, add butter coriander and squeeze of lemon
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
Cashew Nut Paste
This paste is a staple in Indian Cuisine. It add a creamy texture and tasty twist to a variety of Indian dishes! It also stores well in your refrigerator in an airtight container, and it is good for 10 days and is so easy to make.
- Put a couple of handfuls of cashew nuts in small sauce pan with a quarter of an onion and cover with water until nuts just covered and bring to boil and when cashew nuts are soft to touch take off.
- Cool a little and blend. Your paste is ready!