When we think seafood we rarely think curry sauce. Personally, I'm a huge fan once the balance is right. You just want the spices to compliment not take over. This starter recipe is something you can try on a weekend as a nice treat. S
Makes: 10 scallops
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 SAGE LEAVES (finely sliced )
- 6 slice(2cm x 1cm) pieces s of wafer thin pancetta or wafer-thin bacon
- 1 tsp of mild curry powder
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 100ml cream
- 2 tsp of sage products peanut Rayu if available
- Firstly prepare the scallop if the roe is attached you can leave it or remove it.
- Some people like it some people don't. It’s a personal taste. To remove simply apply a little pressure to the scallop & pull away off gently.
- In preferably a non stick pan – fry the pancetta with no oil on a low to medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium high & fry the scallops for 3 minutes on 1 side.
- Flip the scallops - add the butter, curry powder, sage & lemon.
- Baste the scallops with the butter for 1 minute. Reserving the liquid in the pan -Remove the scallops & pancetta & set aside.
- Add the cream & salt to the pan with the butter mixture & reduce by 1/3. Place the scallops in a warm bowl & add the sauce.
- For a lovely finish to the dish that works really well with the curry flavours add a tsp of Sage products Rayu to each dish.