Recipe courtesy of Flahavan's and Indy Power for Coeliac Awareness Week.
- 250g of gluten-free pure Irish oats
- 110g of coconut sugar
- 75ml of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 75ml of melted coconut oil
- 50g of dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180'C.
- Add 70g of gluten-free pure Irish oats to your food processor or blender and blend on high until you have a fine oat flour.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, oat flour and a pinch of sea salt and mix well.
- Add the maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla and a tablespoon of water to a small saucepan on medium heat. Whisk it often, keeping it on the heat until the sugar is completely dissolved and you have a smooth, glossy mixture.
- While mixing, gradually pour the sugar mixture into the oats. Then pour in the melted coconut oil and mix well.
- Press the mixture very firmly into a lined 8x8 inch baking tin. Make sure it’s very tightly packed in.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden all over. Leave to cool on a wire rack for about 20 minutes, then slice them.
- Once sliced, melt the chocolate. Drizzle the chocolate over the bars.
Recipe courtesy of Flahavan's and Indy Power.