Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25mins
- 50ml olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 20g Spicy Sausage - nduja (can use sobrasada or chorizo)
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tin anchovies
- 250g paella rice
- 300ml white wine
- 1.5 litre chicken stock (1.5 litre water x 1 stockpot)
- 1 pinch saffron
- 100g clams
- 200g prawns
- 200g mussels
- 100g squid, sliced
- Place the olive oil and garlic in a heavy based pot, cook over a medium heat until it starts to brown.
- Add the sliced nduja and allow to break down, cook for 1min. Next add the smoked paprika, and anchovies and cook till it breaks down.
- Add the rice and coat in the flavoured oil. Keep over a medium heat for 1min, then add the wine. Once this disappears add the stock and saffron.
- Cook over a medium heat until the stick reduces and the rice appears. Shake the pot every minute. It should take approx 8mins for the rice to cook and stock to almost evaporate.
- Now add the seafood, place the lid on and shake the pot. Allow to cook for a further 3mins until the mussels are opened and the prawns turn pink.
- Finish with some lemon wedges, parsley, more olive oil, smoked paprika and maldon salt.