Glenisk Organic Dairy has launched carbon-neutral packaging as part of its pledge to become carbon negative by 2022. To celebrate, they are sharing some mouth-watering recipes.
- 30g butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 300g Low-Fat Vanilla Yogurt
- 160g Organic Jumbo oats
- 160g self-raising flour
- 80g molasses
- 60g maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60g halved walnuts
- Pinch of salt
- 10g butter
- 1 tbsp water
- 20g maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground ginger
Top with Vanilla bio yogurt, couple of pecans
- Preheat oven to 180°c. Line and grease 8×8-inch baking tin.
- Add the flour, ground clove, allspice, ginger, cinnamon and yogurt to a large mixing bowl. Mix and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, milk, molasses, salt to the bowl and whisk very well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Stir in the oats and 40g of the walnuts, then pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Decorate by pushing the rest of the walnuts onto the top and bake for about 35-40 minutes until puffed up and the center is just set (ovens may vary). Use a skewer to test the center to see if it is completely baked.
- Pour over the sticky topping and allow to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Add all the ingredients to a pot and melt gently
- Use a skewer to make holes in the top of the cake and pour the topping over evenly and serve
- Recipe courtesy of Glenisk & Flahavan's