Tune into Cook-In with Mark Moriarty on Wednesdays on RTÉ One at 8:30pm.
- 1 whole lamb shoulder
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 lemon, zest sliced off
- 300g couscous
- 2 chicken stock cubes/stockpots
- 100g broad beans
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 50g St Tola feta cheese
- 50g rocket
- 100g toasted fruit and nut mix
- Handful of flat leaf parsley
- Handful of mint
- 100ml olive oil,
- 1 level tblsp mustard
- 50 ml vinegar
- Black pepper
- Any additional dried spices
- Preheat your oven to 150c
- Spread some tinfoil on your workbench, lay the whole shoulder on top, sprinkle with salt and olive oil. Stick a knife in the shoulder creating 8 holes, fill these holes with 4 garlic cloves and 4 lemon zests.
- Wrap the tinfoil into a parcel and place on a tray in the oven, cook for 3 hours at 150c. Depending on your schedule, use the following times: 150c for 3 hours /130c for 5 hours / 110c for 7 hours / 200c for 1.5hours
- Pump the heat up to 220c for last 15- 20 mins of each timing and remove the top of the tinfoil
- Dip the beans in boiling, salted water for 1minute, peel and place in a bowl
- Heat 1 litre of water and dissolve the stock cubes in this, pour over the couscous and cover with a lid for 5minutes, use a fork to scrape the couscous away, mix this with the beans
- Now add the rocket, parsley, beans and fruit and nut mix and mix with a spoon.
- Make a simple dressing by adding the olive oil, mustard, vinegar and whatever spices you have in cupboard, add the sliced onion to this and toss, pour this over the salad, finish by crumbling the feta on top
- Remove the lamb shoulder from the oven and pull away the meat from the bone using a fork. Season the meat with some salt and lemon juice and zest.
- Assemble the lamb beside the couscous salad.