Tune into Cook-In with Mark Moriarty on Wednesdays on RTÉ One at 8:30pm.
- 200g brown rice
- 800ml water
Dressed bean and veg salad:
- 200g tinned black beans drained and rinsed
- 200g leftover vegetables (Carrot, broad beans, peas)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 100g arrabbiata sauce or a good quality chunky passata
- Handful diced Jalapenos
- 2 avocados
- 1 onion, diced
- Juice and zest of two limes
- Pinch Salt
- Coriander (If available)
- Hot sauce
Spicy egg topping:
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 free-range Irish eggs,
- Zest of one lime
- Chilli powder
Add the rice and water to a pot, season and cook for 30 mins until soft, drain
- any excess liquid
- Mix all the ingredients for the bean salad together in a bowl.
- Scoop the avocados into a bowl with the onion, lime juice and zest, salt and
- Coriander. Mash together with a fork. Finish by adding the preferred level of heat with the hot sauce
- Fry the eggs in the oil in a medium pan, basting, then season with chilli
- powder, pepper, lime zest and salt.
- Assemble the bowl and top with the fried egg.